Wednesday 6 January 2016

AAAAAAGGGHHHHH

Just a quick update from the heat of the moment. I slept three and a half hours last night, between 3:30 and 7:00, and finally gave up trying after the ninth dream about a rejection letter from Winterfell. Everything's sort of muddling into one big clump right now. I've had to wait till 17:00 for Corpus Christ's office hours to begin, and now I've waited another two hours and ten minutes while offers slowly begin to roll out. One of my friends has an offer, but for most of us the emails aren't even here yet, so it's just degenerated to nervous jokes and condolences.
   I haven't put my phone down for two hours, I'm feeling really hungry but whenever I get food I feel too sick to eat, I haven't sat down since about five o'clock, and I've started playing some Stones to get me in a pumped up mood (really not working).
   I've made the fatal mistake of forgetting to be indifferent and starting to hope, so from here we'll just have to see how it goes, and whether tonight there will be occasion for a bottle of bubbly or something stiff. I'm expecting the email between now and 1:00, so I'll stay up as long as it takes and let you know when I find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment